Tarot Kingdom

Highly Recommended Top Tarot Learning Site - Absolutely Free Membership

FrontFront  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Best SellersBest Sellers  Tarot DecksTarot Decks  Tarot LinksTarot Links  BlogsBlogs  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Celestian
Admin

PostSubject: Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot   Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Which would you prefer to use, the Rohrig Tarot or the Thoth Tarot? Why?

Although I love the Thoth Tarot from the bottom of my heart, but the complexity of its symbology is making me crazy. I found the Rohrig Tarot to be more user friendly, maybe because of the live illustrations. It is more easier to relate it to my readings. I don't know, maybe it's just my way of reading the card illustrations. But then again, I don't want to fully depart from my Thoth Tarot deck. I still feel a special connection to it.

My question is, if you were in my place, how would you manage to stick to a card that is giving you a hard time reading?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tarotkingdom.bigforumpro.com
moonraven272

PostSubject: Re: Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot   Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:53 am

I do not have either of these wonderful decks , so its would be very hard for me to answer this. But one thing I can say that if a card is giving you a really hard time then I would put the deck away for awhile and let it rest. Maybe cleanse it under the Full moon or with some sage incense.
Sorry I can't be more help .
Blessigns,
Moonraven272
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Owl Ka Myst

PostSubject: Re: Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot   Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:25 am

I'm not much of a Thoth or Thoth-like deck fan so I can really assist when it comes to the cards/deck specifically.

When it comes to a card that is hard to grasp, one thing to do that can help is to open up a dialog with the card.
Present open ended questions to the card- open ended questions that are those that require an answer that is more of an explination than just a yes of no answer.
As an example- if one is looking at the Tower card, a question might be, “What is the cause of the structural failure?”
Answer being- The building was too tall and acted as a lightning rod, inviting a powerful bolt of electricity to strike it.
Another answer might be- poor workmanship, poor building materials, etc.
One answer will likely perpetuate another answer, but I would start with about 3 or 4 questions to start, answer those and any questions that arise from the first batch of questions, answer those. This can be done until there are no more questions that come to mind, or you can just limit it to a certain number of questions total.
It is versitile, and you just have to go with the flow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/owltarot
Beatrice

PostSubject: Re: Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot   Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:46 am

Celestian wrote:
My question is, if you were in my place, how would you manage to stick to a card that is giving you a hard time reading?

Hi Celestian,

I would put a card from another deck on one side of the card and a card from yet another deck on the other. You would be surprised the amount of information you can get by using different decks of the same card. Incredible.

Hope that was clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haiku

PostSubject: Re: Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot   Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi Celestain,

Like others who have responded to your post, I don't read either deck. If it were me, though, I'd probably internalize it and feel that this is a challenge to rely more on my intuition and less on the specific meaning of the cards and/or the symbology contained in them. Lots of times for me the cards are more of an anchor or focal point than anything else, and the information kind of flows from there.

Something you can do is to kind of practice with your new deck and do a bunch of readings with it and see what this particular card seems to be associated with, or what patterns it represents, and then use it as a trigger or signpost. So like if the particular card seems to keep coming up when a person has (say) addiction issues you kinda know to explore that possibility.

To me though if the symbology is weighing you down, it's like what one of the other posters said, maybe it's time to take a break and wait for the inspiration to come. The card may be too obscure, or the creator got a little carried away. It's all about what is within you and what you are receiving, not what the outside world or another person's world view suggests to you, if that makes sense. Honestly if it were me while I'd probably internalize and agonize over it, from the outside looking in you have nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot   Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:49 am

Dear All,

Many thanks everyone for the very good suggestions. I will try all of these suggestions and I will let you know how the cards are doing with me. It's really hard when you have a favorite set of cards and you can't even interprete it. scratch

Anyway, great suggestions and I'll try my best to follow your counsels.

Celestian
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tarotkingdom.bigforumpro.com
Dark Eternity

PostSubject: Re: Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot   Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:47 pm

I feel your pain. I have the Sacred Circle Tarot deck and have never been able to connect with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
findmy012

PostSubject: Re: Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot   Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Anyway, great suggestions and I'll try my best to follow your counsels.

small tits
small town girls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot   

Back to top Go down

Rohrig Tarot versus Thoth Tarot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1