Tarot Kingdom

Highly Recommended Top Tarot Learning Site - Absolutely Free Membership

FrontFront  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Best SellersBest Sellers  Tarot DecksTarot Decks  Tarot LinksTarot Links  BlogsBlogs  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ego and the Reader

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparrow

PostSubject: Ego and the Reader   Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Is it a requirement in a tarot reader to be honest and caring of the client even to the point of counselling them or is it just a job like telesales?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ego and the Reader   Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:29 pm

Sparrow wrote:
Is it a requirement in a tarot reader to be honest and caring of the client even to the point of counselling them or is it just a job like telesales?

Tarot actually is a counselling tool. Some others, of course, may use it for fortune telling purposes. So, how its being used is all up to the readers themselves. For me, as a reader, feels that I need to be honest in dealing with my interpretation of the cards on the spread. There are some situations appearing in the cards that may signal precautions and in this case I still need to say it honestly but in a way not to frighten my client.

Showing emphaty by giving sound advice is a mark of a true Tarot reader. The purpose of the advice should give comfort and enlightenment to the client but not to restrict them from their own choices. The business principle of Customer Service applies as well to Tarot reading business. Professional readers should always be kind enough to show care, understanding and honesty to their clients.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tarotkingdom.bigforumpro.com
Owl Ka Myst

PostSubject: Re: Ego and the Reader   Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:10 am

Sparrow wrote:
or is it just a job like telesales?

OH GOODNESS NO!!!

It is a 'job' where a reader must be able to totally remove themselves from their ego. A good reader does not allow their personal opinions into the session.

A good reader has the ability to gently convey a message that focuses on sensitive issues. Therfore, a reader can not be pushy, bold, or demanding. There is no "you have to do this" or what is better said is "you should do this".

Compassion and tact are quite important. So is understanding & respect. There is no room what so ever for judgement/prejudice, all clients are equals.

Well - all clients start out as equals, you will come across those people who will give you a hard time. When that happens, you are best to keep your cool and continue to be calm, caring & respectful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/owltarot
ninja_dragon

PostSubject: Re: Ego and the Reader   Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:12 pm

Yes, Tarot is primarily used for counselling and I think we need to show genuine love and concern to our clients.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ego and the Reader   

Back to top Go down

Ego and the Reader
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1