Tarot Kingdom

Highly Recommended Top Tarot Learning Site - Absolutely Free Membership

FrontFront  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Best SellersBest Sellers  Tarot DecksTarot Decks  Tarot LinksTarot Links  BlogsBlogs  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Celestian
Admin

PostSubject: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:08 pm

How do I know a real Tarot reader from a scam? What's your opinion?

Let us know,
Celestian
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tarotkingdom.bigforumpro.com
Haiku

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:19 am

This is such a good question, and it's really important because so many people have gotten scammed by dishonest people in the industry. To me it is also a hard one to answer. It's complicated because there are scammers who are good readers, and people who are not gifted readers but are honest. Either way clients are paying for readings that either aren't accurate or not helpful.

To me you can tell if you are being scammed if you are being pressured to pay for services you don't want, or if you are paying for services but aren't getting results. So let's say that a reader keeps telling you that your ex boyfriend still loves you, but you need to do a spell to get him back. If the reader GUARANTEES the guy will come back, you may be getting scammed. If a reader gets bossy or controlling, contacts you telling you that they had a dream (vision, whatever) about you and it is very important, so you need to get a reading, you are probably being scammed.

The big thing from my point of view is that a reader be ethical. This means that not only do they know their limitations (i.e. claiming 100% accuracy), but that they are careful about how often they read for clients. People who are vulnerable and lovelorn can become addicted to psychics, and to take a person's money to do the same reading over and over isn't necessarily a scam, but money is being wasted.

Hope this made sense....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:31 am

Haiku wrote:
This is such a good question, and it's really important because so many people have gotten scammed by dishonest people in the industry. To me it is also a hard one to answer. It's complicated because there are scammers who are good readers, and people who are not gifted readers but are honest. Either way clients are paying for readings that either aren't accurate or not helpful.

To me you can tell if you are being scammed if you are being pressured to pay for services you don't want, or if you are paying for services but aren't getting results. So let's say that a reader keeps telling you that your ex boyfriend still loves you, but you need to do a spell to get him back. If the reader GUARANTEES the guy will come back, you may be getting scammed. If a reader gets bossy or controlling, contacts you telling you that they had a dream (vision, whatever) about you and it is very important, so you need to get a reading, you are probably being scammed.

The big thing from my point of view is that a reader be ethical. This means that not only do they know their limitations (i.e. claiming 100% accuracy), but that they are careful about how often they read for clients. People who are vulnerable and lovelorn can become addicted to psychics, and to take a person's money to do the same reading over and over isn't necessarily a scam, but money is being wasted.

Hope this made sense....

Thanks Haiku,

I fully agree with this great tip! There is one more related question I have to ask. Could we say that in order to be recognized as a real reader, should we have to be certified by an acredited Tarot Organization?
Back to top Go down
Owl Ka Myst

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:53 am

A certificate or accreditation for a reader is no guarantee that one will be safe from a con. One can have a good memory and able to spit out the book defined meanings of the cards, but that does not make for a good honest reader, they still have to intigrate those meanings in relation to the positions and other cards and that is a skill that comes with time and use.
It is like Haiku said; there are good people with minimal skills, and highly talented people who will take all they can get.
A fancy piece of paper does not mean ethical.
There are pros to having accreditation for both the reader and the consumer. It helps the consumer to weed out those that say they are readers and just make what ever up as they go along. It helps the reader by showing that they have taken the time to seriously study tarot and have come to a high level of knowledge and understanding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/owltarot
ninja_dragon

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:50 am

Will it be wise for me to go for a certification to see how I go with my reading?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beatrice

PostSubject: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:41 am

It's a gamble really.

And please this is not to offend anyone. It's just my opinion.
I've found:

Someone who over-advertises. I've seen readers who advertise on billboards on the higway. A bit much.

Someone who tells you, you have a curse on you the moment you enter the door. Of course for $2000.00 they can removed it. Sadly, I've had friends pay these people to remove that horrid curse. Desperation tends to make people do things they wouldn't ordinarily do. This is a con artist and should be reported to the Better Business Bureau or in some states the police. If this happens, WALK OUT.

Over playing the psychic stereo type look. Makes him or herself seem mystical in a halloween costume.

Start with, I see a man....HELLO!

I know you have to limit the time with a client or each reading will turn into the client trying to think of things to ask that aren't important. But having an timer on the table that blasts a trumpit in the middle of a sentence is rude. Seems the going rate is $40 for fifteen minutes. If you go over you are into overtime and have to spend another $40 for another 15 minutes. There is a polite way to bring a reading to a close. A few extra minutes will not kill the reader.

Beaded curtains for effect.

Someone who dosen't ask you "what brings you here today"? The client himself shouldn't be there to test the reader and make her guess. This benefits no one. As a reader we should help the client sort things out and help her decide what's best for him/hir self and their situation. I also think a client should be told that they have their own will power and can change a negative reading into a more positve one.

A reader who can take you within the hour. A good reader will usually have clients already booked.

I see a J. HELLO!

The above are things that I have found out sitting on both sides.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:53 pm

That is perfectly right, Beatrice. Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
findmy012

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Will it be wise for me to go for a certification to see how I go with my reading?

_________

small tits
small town girls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestian
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:15 am

Sure, if you want to. But not necessarily I think. Our ability to read the cards comes from our inner mind and if we are sensitive enough to follow its promptings then I think we just have to have a full trust in that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam   

Back to top Go down

How Do I Know A Real Tarot Reader from a Scam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1